So here are a bunch of resources i’ve gathered. I thought that I’d share them because they’re really helpful. Hope they’ll make your life easier! I’ve never made one of these before, so let me know if any of the links aren’t working.
- 200 words that describe light
- how to keep a journal
- read some slam poetry
- huge writing masterpost
- how to reveal character
- help with writer’s block
- find out which author you write like
- write interactive books (kind of like choose your own adventure)
- good brainstorming/ organizing tool
- zen writing tool
makeup and hair
- filling in eyebrows
- twin buns
- how to contour
- everyday makeup routine
- how to make any color of lipstick… from crayons
- natural beauty remedies
- the trick to liquid eyeliner (this is how i wear mine, it’s quite easy to master)
- cool makeup tips
- stylish eye makeup (from Lauren Conrad)
- gradient lip makeup
- different ways to braid your hair
- messy buns tutorial
- how to make your own temporary tattoo
- apply eyeliner, mascara, and curl lashes with a spoon
- how to survive college
- various yoga poses for stress relief
- HUGE studying masterpost (I mean huge)
- solve any math problem
- how to effectively pull an all-nighter
- teaches everything
- find out who an anon is (not sure if still working)
- mass tag replacer
- huge theme-related download pack
- post a bunch of things from a blog’s archive
- good pixel blog and theme references
- really good redux edits
- my favorite falling snow effect (it’s interactive on your blog!)
- tumblr theme generator
- random image script
- tumblr savior for mobile
- cute yahoo answers (the cutest thing ever)
- emergency compliment
- draw a stickman
- coping skills and distractions
- for some reason these videos always cheer me up
- calming gif
- givesmehope (this will cheer you up it is so cute)
- answer trivia questions and give people rice !!
- Cool websites for wasting time (1, 2, 3 )
- make sand art online (you could spend hours on this site tbh)
- make a a giant squid pillow! (because why not?)
- how to do special effects makeup (tw: gore?)
- create your own nebula
- read creepy wikipedia articles
- read more creepy wikipedia articles (warning, I haven’t read these articles, so I do not know what they contain. read at your own risk.)
- random colour each time
- disney lies/ urban legends
- make your own acapella band
- watch a real-time streaming of the ocean
- just click this. trust me.
- make your own pokemon secret base
- this will take you to a cool place
- color matching game
- downloadable indie games / in-browser indie games
- games you played back in the day
- really cute online games
- cards against humanity pdf
- sushi cat (really cute, calming game)
- takes you to a random location and you have to guess where you are
- color matching game
- akinator, the web genie (kind of like 20 questions, but with famous people)
food to make
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- fricking recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- s’mores pie (keep in the fridge and heat up for 15 seconds when you want a piece so its warm and it just tastes really good please make this)
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers (like fruit roll-ups, only much better)
photo editing things
- punk edit tutorial
- remove backgrounds without photoshop
- topaz-like action
- glitch tutorial
- double exposure effect
- photoshop brushes masterpost
- this blog has a lot of ps resources
- so does this one
- how to draw ears
- how to make an animated film
- learn how to draw anything
- turn your paper art into digital
- skeleton practice drawing tool thingy
- how to draw semi- realistic eyes
- how to make pixel art
- good reference for drawing water
- free digital sculpting tool
sounds n music
- masterpost of sounds of nature
- more sounds of nature
- find more artists to listen to (basically you pick an artist, and it shows more artists, and you click those. it’s a never ending lists of music in your taste!)
- listen to playlists (here’s mine)
- get the best sound from your iTunes
- coffee shop sounds for productivity
- rain sounds
- white noise generator
- some more cool sounds
- how to make an 8-bit/chiptune
learn to do things
- make a flower crown
- make dip-dyed shoes
- make glitter out of salt
- make a blanket nest
- how to make origami
- how to embroider
- learn to read korean in 15 minutes
- newspaper nails (i’ve done these before… super easy and look really cool!!)
- tie-dye denim
- make a font from your handwriting
- learn to play guitar
- personality quizzes
- the ‘eye’ test
- find out which disney princess you are
- online color challenge
- trivia quizzes
other useful things
- is a website actually down?
- hobbies masterpost
- best, most comfy onesies ever
- clothing life hacks
- when to pee during a movie
- how to remove pilling from clothing
- 100 tips for life
- sleep calculator
- kawaii emoticons
- run windows programs on a mac
- plant studio (like microsoft paint, but with plants!)
- find out which font something is
- create a color palate from an imageThis took 85 years to make yo
IT’S INCREDIBLY HELPFUL AND CAN FOR INSTANCE GENERATE TOPICS AND FIRST LINES, CONTAINS LOADS OF EXERCISES AND YOU CAN FIND PLENTY OF WRITING TIPS.
BLESS YOU I LOVE YOU OH MY GODS I’VE NEEDED THIS
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?
A superb fuck-ton of clothing references.
Obviously two of the images are too large to see on tumblr (because tumblr’s an asshole, sometimes), so simply reverse-image search ‘em and click on the largest size. The one on the left is quite helpful for cloth in general, and the one on the right is just for creating lace.
[From various sources]
simple reference tools make a great amount of difference.
Surnames are just as important as given names. So, I compiled a list of the websites I use to find my surnames.
- English Surnames
- Dutch Surnames
- Spanish Surnames
- Scottish Surnames
- German Surnames
- Italian Surnames
- Irish Surnames
- French Surnames
- Scandinavian Surnames
- Welsh Surnames
- Jewish Surnames
- Surnames By Ethnicity
- Most Common Surnames in the USA
- Most Common Surnames in Great Britan
- Most Common Surnames in Asia
Is this even a body type tutorial?
STOP. SCROLLING. NOWWWWWWWWW.
The eraser on top is the Paper Mate Union Eraser.
I thought it wouldn’t work much, but… It erases ink.
And NOT JUST ballpoint pen ink, India Ink too.
If you make a mistake, this eraser can erase the whole thing and leave no trace AT ALL, although you do need to erase quite vigorously.
It’s only about 1-2 dollars.
The eraser pencil on the bottom is just that. It is an eraser that you can SHARPEN like a regular pencil. The brush on top is so that you don’t smear your art when you try to push off eraser crumbs. You sweep them off with the brush.
Even if you’re not an artist, signal boost please?
It’s a very cheap way to get around life.
I dunno about you fluffy people, but this big lady will be using this somehow. I love this tutorial!
How to take your wig from gross to great!
This isn’t a new method at all, but instead my results using this tutorial.
While the before shot is pretty terrible photo quality to begin with, you can see the wig is basically a ratty, gross-looking mess.
- Find a tank or bucket and empty a capful of fabric softener into it (more softener if your wig is longer).
- Add enough water to submerge the wig, and make sure to flip it inside out before you put it in the water. Swish it around to make sure it’s saturated, and then let it soak for a few days. I left mine is for a little over two days, but I would suggest leaving it in closer for the five days the original tutorial suggests.
- Lay the wig out on a towel to dry. I didn’t wash out the fabric softener, and when it was damp instead of dripping, I put it on a wig stand.
- After it’s completely dry, brush through it with a wig brush, or at least a brush with wire teeth. Plastic teeth will create static and no one wants that.
- If you need a wig brush, try checking out beauty stores. Failing that, you can usually find wire brushes at pet stores, and they work as well as any wig brush.
- Spray lightly with dry shampoo or sprinkle with talcum powder. Brush your wig again after a few minutes to help disperse the powder and keep your wig from looking chalky. You may experience a small amount of shedding during the brushing process, but it shouldn’t be anything too severe.
And there you have it!